Monday, September 20, 2010

Thanking God

So, growing up in a mormon family I had to get use to all the weird activies I had to go to, or lack there of if we felt lazy. Just a quick background for this story. In our church you are in a Ward which is the people in your area you go to church with. In Utah it covers about two or three blocks because there are so many bloody mormons here. After that, you have a Stake which is all the Wards in the area. Here they usually cover a city or at least part of a city. Twice a year we are suppose to get together for "Stake Conference" and listen to all the district leaders speak and all that stuff. So during those times, you don't have to go to your normal church.

(Sorry for the long intro)

Anyway, so a few weeks back it was Stake Conference. Now, at my house Stake Conference has turned in the "Yah! No church today!!" kind of a day. Sleeping in and eating donuts for breakfast or something. So this past Stake Conference my entire family was pretty much just hanging around the kitchen eating with the TV on. Still in her pajama's my mother proudly exclaimed, "Thank God for Stake Conference."

I found this very ironic and it took me several moments to stop laughing. She was thanking God for the few sunday's out of the year that she doesn't have to go worship him....or whatever. Once I explained this to her she thought it was just as funny as I did.

And so that is my Quote of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment