Monday, September 20, 2010

Stupid People

I guess this post isn't like the other ones. This one isn't a quote where my mom didn't think about it first, or was ironic. Its just plain truth.

I was driving to school today in some pretty heavy traffic when I looked in my rear view mirror to see a cop pulling someone over. Well, right now all of Utah is under contruction.....as always. So when the lady he was pulling over finally makes it over to the far right lane, directly in front of me I might add, she tries to stop in lane itself because there isn't any shoulder. Just big barriers. I had to slam on my brakes and them make room for the cop to get ahead of me as well. So at this point I'm going about 20mph on the freeway and of course no one is going to let me over into the other lane. After much frustration the cop gets the lady to pull forward far enough up the road where there some new lanes have just been paved but not yet open to traffic. She quickly drives onto the unused lanes....and then goes right back into traffic again!

And I might mention that the cop ended up hitting one of those huge orange cones in the process of pulling this woman over. So at least that was a laugh.

After finally getting off the road and stopping I was able to go on my way. Once I got to school I had to call mom and tell her about the 'idiot story o the day'. She calmly replied, "Stupid people like that shouldn't be allowed to leave the house without a helmet." I don't know why this struck me as so funny but it did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment