Friday, September 24, 2010

Poetry

In truth this happened several years ago but this was one of moms 'shining' moments and she actually requested this be on my blog. I guess she is very proud of this quote. At the time I was learning about different types of poetry. I think I must have been in 6th or 7th grade. Haiku's are particularly easy because you just have to count syllables so I didn't mind doing them.

My mom and I ended up having a great time coming up with little Haiku's that follow the 3,5,3 rule. I had been told that lots of Haiku's have to do with nature. When I made this known my mom with out hesitation came up with this:

Nature sucks
Bird crap smells real bad
BB Gun

I'm not sure which is more impressive. The fact she did this on the first try with no syllable mistakes or the fact she pulled this from no where. Either way, I wrote down and found it recently because we couldn't remember what the first line of her old Haiku. It became a joke for a long time concerning mom's poetry. Not long later she wrote this one about her self but put it in my perspective:

My mom is a dork
How do you spell 'ignorant'
She is really blond

And so that is my Quote of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment