Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Knitting

So mom learned how to knit not long ago and she's been having a lot of fun with it. She recently got a book to help her gain a few more skills. While trying to learn a new kind of stitch the book said something along the lines of, "Knit the knits and purl the purls." Now, I'm sitting across the room and don't know what she's doing but all I hear is her suddenly exclaim, "Knit the knits and purl the purls? What the f*ck does that mean?"

I of course start laughing, not even sure what she is going on about. She finally explained to me what she was trying to do. Kay was also in the room and after she got done laughing she said, "That sounds like something Jesus would say. 'And Jesus said unto his people, knit the knits and purl the purls and thou shall be happy'."

I'm actually not sure which quote is funnier but together it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment