Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ego

Before my mom goes anywhere she usually has to ask at least one of her daughters if she looks alright. To make sure the shirt looks good with the pants, that the shoes match and that she is wearing the same colored earrings...she did that once. Wore two different colored earring during a meeting at work. She didn't notice until she got home and I've never heard a scream of horror like that.

But anyway, mom, not sure if she was looking the way she wanted, turned to my youngest sister (who I shall call Paiz) and asked, "Do I look my age?"

Paiz, looked her up and down and told her proudly that she did not. And in fact looked several years younger then she really was.

Hugging Paiz my mom responded happily, "You have now sufficient stroked and appeased my ego. Thank you!" And went on with whatever she was doing.

And so that is my Quote of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment